We’re excited to announce that the construction and demolition landfill just opened at O’Neill Wood Resources! Read on to learn more about it.
The Need for a Construction & Demolition Landfill
The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that between 230–530 million tons of construction and demolition waste are produced nationwide each year. At O’Neill Wood Resources, we want to give our clients a convenient, cost-effective space to deposit their construction and demolition waste.
We accept all construction and demolition debris, including:
- Shingles and other roofing materials
- Concrete, metals, glass, or plastic
- Wood, including painted wood
- Carpet, ceiling tiles, sheetrock
- Wallcoverings, including wallpaper, tile, and panelling
- Electrical wiring and plumbing fixtures
- Non-asbestos insulation
- Land-clearing debris (other than yard waste)
- Railroad ties and power poles (with advance notice)
We also accept windmill blades for resizing and disposal. We can saw, load, and ship blades on request.
Some materials require special handling procedures and are not permitted for disposal at our landfill. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Liquid waste, or hazardous waste (including animal waste)
- Household trash
- Industrial waste
- Appliances, tires, oil drums, fuel tanks
- Items containing asbestos or polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB)
- Corrugated cardboard
O’Neill Wood Resources is proud to comply with the State of Nebraska’s guidelines for safe waste disposal.
Why Choose O’Neill Wood Resources?
If our prompt, professional service wasn’t enough, there are many other benefits to choosing our construction and demolition landfill to dispose of your waste.
Our landfill is located within 5 miles of Grand Island so you can get back to the job site sooner.
Pay only $35/ton, or $30/ton through the end of summer with our current sale price.
Shorter Wait Times
No one likes sitting around waiting to drop things off at the dump. We’re open Monday–Friday, from 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM, and we’re closed on Saturdays.
The average pick up dump trailer of shingle waste weighs around 5 tons. This results in a dump fee of $219 at the transfer station, but only $150 at our construction and demolition landfill. With shorter wait times, you can dump your waste faster—for cheaper—and get back to your day.